1) Salmon Fillet 1.5kg (about 150 - 200g per person) - you need a large piece like a side. Its much harder with fillets but possible. Best with skin on.
2) Cream cheese 200g (I used a tub of symphonia 5%)
3) Pistachios peeled and lightly crushed (you can buy them peeled but they are more expensive - but peeling them is time consuming), I used 500g (pre peeled), probably would have been fine with 300g
4) 2-3 tablespoons whole grain mustard
5) 1 lemon
6) 4 cloves garlic (optional) - finely chopped or crushed.
7) salt (I like the rock salt)
8) black pepper.
1. Take a baking tray and cover it with foil. Lay a second sheet of foil on top. The second sheet should be at least double the size. You want it centered. Lay the salmon skin side down on the foil.
2. Coat the salmon with cream cheese and then spread some whole grain mustard on top. sprinkle with garlic. (you could mix the cream cheese, mustard and garlic before and spread it as one.
3. Sprinkle the crushed pistachios over the cream cheese / mustard and so that its completely covered. The cream cheese will help them stick.
4. Season with salt and pepper and squeeze the juice of on lemon over the top.
5. Take the edges of the foil and fold them over making a tent over the salmon (not wrapping it tight), and place in the oven at 180C for 45 mins
6. Unwrap and check if its cooked. I like to crisp it up by leaving it in for another 15 mins unwrapped.
|The salmon before wrapping and putting in the oven|