Type 1 Cycling

Type 1 Cycling

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Years Resolutions

New Years Resolution 2012: stop smoking #win

New Years Resolution 2013: read more #epicfail

I should add that I achieved many goals this year:  My fitness has increased; my weight decreased; I have raced my bike and ridden it across the Pyrenees. My Diabetes is more under control than it has been for a while.  I am building a network of people to help achieve my goals of helping people with Diabetes in Israel.  I have consulted on 4 applications to do with Diabetes, purely for fun so far.  I got a new job starting in the New Year.

So I didn't read as many books as I wanted to this year but I still got a lot done!

This year I do not plan on making a specific resolution.  But I have some goals that I would like to achieve:

On the bike:
Maintain my commitment to training regularly.
Try to get to as many races as I can
A podium place in my category
Ride the whole Diabetes Grand Tour

Diabetes:
Keep my HbA1c below 7
Continue to eat right and get better at estimating how much insulin I need.
Keep my weight stable
Continue to work on Diabetes projects like consulting and working on apps, TeamBG and my local equivalent Kvutzah Misug Aleph.

Read more!

Get an idea past the "Oh my God, I have the best idea ever!" phase and into some vaguely working code.

That ought to do it for this year.  Check back this time next year to see how I got on.

Happy and healthy 2014 to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment